New Challenger MT700 Series tractors on track
Challenger (AGCO) unveiled its next-generation MT700 Series track tractors at the 2017 Farm Progress Show which ran Aug. 29-31 in Decatur, Ill.
Three models from 380 to 431 HP are powered by AGCO Power 9.8L diesel engines equipped with concentric air systems are available. The tractors’ AccuDrive powertrain features the Challenger Accu-VT continuously variable transmission, combined with state-of-the-art operating technology to produce a “high-torque, low-speed” approach.
All systems, including the hydraulics and PTO, are designed to run at lower engine rpm, to further lower fuel costs and reduce engine wear. The upgraded hydraulic system offers greater flow at lower engine rpm and the capabilities to meet the demands of the latest planters and implements.
The primary suspension in the new MT700 is redesigned with rugged coil springs and high-capacity shock absorbers for a more comfortable ride. Off-road style, heavy-duty shock-absorbers provide precisely tuned digressive damping. The MobilTrac System has also been redesigned by moving the hardbar farther forward, providing a longer wheelbase and more stability.
More MT700 features include:
- Easy-to-use 10.4-inch touch-screen AccuTerminal
- AccuField Command headland management system
- Advantage armrest, AccuTerminal, Advantage joystick, PTO controls and colour-coded keypad
- New LED light package adds more lights at the rear of the tractor
- Easy connectivity with AGCO’s entire suite of Fuse Technologies and Fuse Connected Services
To learn more, visit the AGCO Challenger website.